Friday, October 5, 2012

a glimpse of purity.


I love being able to witness first hand the tender relationship that sponsors develop with their sponsor child hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of miles apart.  I would say it is my favorite thing about my job, but if you have read many of my posts, you know that’s like crying wolf (so sue me-- I have a lot of favorites).  Hearing from our international staff how much the children benefit from the knowledge that a caring adult loves them is enough to bring me to tears.  These aren’t just poor kids.  These are children who have been abandoned.  Their young hearts have been broken in ways most of us cannot comprehend.  To see them experience love from a perfect stranger is what God considers pure and faultless religion (James 1:27).  I don’t know many pure and faultless things in this world.  Maybe that’s why these relationships touch me so deeply.
It seems selfish to not share them.

 

“Hello Grandma and Grandpa, I love you both so much and I’m so thankful for God having placed you in my life.  Thank you for being there for me when I need it the most.” Wendy









“Hello again!  I am so happy because you have remembered me and have been praying for my needs. I hope God fills you with a thousand and one blessings.  I love you much.” Eduardo












“Thank you for remembering my graduation.  Yes, I was a little bit nervous to go to junior high.  Thank you for praying for me.  I will await you in October.” Brenda















"Thank you for coming to my orphanage.  It is a wish and a prayer that God has completed.  It is a huge blessing that He takes care of us.  I pray He would bless your whole family.  I miss you." Cesar











"Did you know that I pray for you every day?  I think of you and I thank God that in you I have found a friend that will never leave me." Cinthia

No comments:

Post a Comment